Although we are at home, at MURPHY’S we want you to enjoy a good cocktail as you would in one of our venues! That is why we teach you how to make a good Margarita.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 1 lime wedge, plus 2 lime wheels for garnish
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt, for glass rims
- 4 ounces (120ml) high-quality blanco tequila (see note)
- 2 ounces (60ml) Cointreau1
- 1/2 ounces (45ml)
- fresh juice from 2 limes
1) Pass a lemon wedge around the outer edges of 2 glasses and soak theedges of the glasses in salt. Then let it dry a little.
2) In a shaker, combine tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice. Fill with ice and shake until completely cold, about 15 seconds (if you don’t have a shaker you can do it in a container with a lid).
3) Fill the glasses with ice and strain the margarita into both glasses.Garnish with lime wedges and serve